(Rajagiriya flyover opening January, Ranil wickramasinghe)
Prime Minister Ranil Wickremesinghe says that construction of the Rajagiriya Flyover, which is being built according to a concept of the unity government, will be completed in 11 months early.
Speaking to the reporters during an inspection tour of the construction work yesterday (21), he said that the flyover was scheduled to be completed in December 2018.
However, it will be declared open by President Maithripala Sirisena in January 2018, he said.
The Prime Minister stated that although the construction of all four lanes at once had resulted in severe traffic congestion in the area, that situation would be resolved very swoon.
Wickremesinghe stated that traffic congestion has now become a serious issue in the country and that several solutions have been proposed for this.
He said that in order to solve Colombo’s traffic issue, a road will be built from Kelani Bridge to Colombo Fort while they intend to connect a byroad of this to Rajagiriya Junction.
Top Stories :
- One person linked to ‘Makandure Madush’ detained with seven others
- 31 JVP members join with President Maithripala
- LG Polls: 79 nominations accepted in Batticaloa
- Do you know him: if you do, complain here!
- Rosy named UNP’s mayoral candidate of CMC amid protest
- Thai Buddhist monks in a peace walk to Mihintale
- O/L student commits suicide
- Jaffna District Secretariat security activities increased
Our Other websites :