(Piyasena Gamage appointed as State Minister)
MP Piyasena Gamage has been sworn in as the State Minister for Law & Order and Southern Development, the President’s Media Division said.
He was sworn in as the State Minister before President Maithripala Sirisena at the President’s Official Residence this morning.
Piyasena Gamage was sworn in as a Member of Parliament (MP) on November 10, to fill the vacant position created by the removal of former UPFA MP Geetha Kumarasinghe.
Gamage was next in line after Kumarasinghe was disqualified by the Supreme Court for holding dual citizenship.
Top Stories :
- G.C.E A/L 2017 Top Results Holders In The Island
- Northern Naval Command Facilitate To Repatriate 20 Indian Fishermen
- Japan provides technical support to Sri Lanka!
- The submission of the Hambantota port works – Received 292 m
- Tsunami – Sadness continues for 13 years
- The decomposed body of the infant recovered in the Lindula
- 400 deaths due to snakes bites: Shocking information
- Illegally abducted tree logs seized!!
- Sea water invading land area in Akkaraipattu (Photos)
- “None of our candidates were rejected” – JVP
Our Other websites :
Tags: Piyasena Gamage appointed as State Minister