(Lindula Van Accident, Driver arrested)
Two individuals sustained injuries while the van they were travelling skidded off the road and fell into a 300 ft precipice at the Barewell area in the Hatton- Nuwara- Eliya main road, in the Lindulla police division.
The van which was plying to Nuwara-Eliya from Ruwanwella has met with the accident.
Two women who were travelling in the van with the driver, has sustained injuries, while the driver has escaped without any injuries.
The women aged 23 and 18 , are residents of Kanthapala and Maskeliya areas.
However, the driver has been arrested and under investigation over the incident.
It has come to light through the investigations that the driver could not control the van due to a technical issue. Police has carried out further inquiries.
Top Stories :
- Hatton Dickoya Leopard attack : Workers stage protest
- 7500 identified gays in Sri Lanka!
- LG polls: E-mail your complaints: Election Commission
- Robber caught with sword in Vaddukkoddai
- Local Government Election: Drug kingpins , Ganja sellers given nomination
- G.C.E A/L 2017 Top Results Holders In The Island
- Northern Naval Command Facilitate To Repatriate 20 Indian Fishermen
- Japan provides technical support to Sri Lanka!
- The submission of the Hambantota port works – Received 292 m
Our Other websites :
Tags: Lindula Van Accident, Driver arrested