( Rajagiriya flyover Opening date )
President Maithripala Sirisena will vest the Rajagiriya flyover with the public on Monday January 08, providing a long term solution to traffic congestion in the Rajagiriya area, the President’s media division said today.
The flyover, built using high standard modern technology as well as in accordance with high quality engineering, will be the first flyover in Sri Lanka constructed filling concrete surfaces on metal.
Even though the construction work on the flyover was scheduled to be completed by the end of this year, steps were taken under the guidance of the President to complete the construction works 11 months ahead of schedule for the convenience of the public.
The construction work on the flyover commenced in the year 2016 jointly by a Spanish company and a local company at a cost of Rs 4,700 million.
The total length of the flyover is 533 meters and the total width, 21.4 meters, and comprises of a total of four lanes, two lanes each way.
In parallel to this project, several roads around the Rajagiriya area will be developed and an alternative road towards Narahenpita will be developed while a road towards Buthgamuwa will also be developed with a total of three lanes.
Top Stories :
- Thirteen financiers accused of financing the LTTE to stand trial in Switzerland
- Central Bank Bond Scam: ‘Clean Ranil’ is ‘Clean Bowled’
- Manoj Sirisena Appointed as Southern Province Minister
- Hatton Dickoya Leopard attack : Workers stage protest
- 7500 identified gays in Sri Lanka!
- LG polls: E-mail your complaints: Election Commission
- Robber caught with sword in Vaddukkoddai
- Local Government Election: Drug kingpins , Ganja sellers given nomination
- G.C.E A/L 2017 Top Results Holders In The Island
Our Other websites :
Tags: Rajagiriya flyover Opening date