(Indian National Arrested)
An Indian passenger who attempted to smuggle crystal methamphetamine or crystal meth, a dangerous drug popular in European countries, has been arrested at the Bandaranaike International Airport (BIA) in Katunayake by officers of the Police Narcotics Bureau.
The suspect, a 50-year-old who reportedly owns a small shop in Tamil Nadu, had arrived in the country at 9.45pm last night (11) onboard flight UL124.
A spokesman said that 220g of methamphetamine, with a estimated value of Rs 6 million, was found concealed inside a false bottom compartment of his luggage.
It is believed that the methamphetamine, which are in crystal form, are being smuggled into the country for sale inside Colombo’s nightclubs.
The arrested Indian national is to be produced at the Minuwangoda Magistrate’s Court today (12).
Top Stories :
- CV welcomes Rajini’s spiritual politics
- Moragahakanda reservoir declared open by President Maithripala
- 11-year-old found dead in Jaffna
- Rajagiriya flyover to be declared open on Monday
- Judge Ilancheliyan’s request to Army Commander
- Thirteen financiers accused of financing the LTTE to stand trial in Switzerland
- Central Bank Bond Scam: ‘Clean Ranil’ is ‘Clean Bowled’
- Manoj Sirisena Appointed as Southern Province Minister
- Hatton Dickoya Leopard attack : Workers stage protest
- 7500 identified gays in Sri Lanka!
- LG polls: E-mail your complaints: Election Commission
Our Other websites :
Tags: Indian National Arrested, Smuggle drugs