(Mahinda & Chandrika contest forthcoming presidential election)
Former President Mahinda Rajapaksa said that if President Maithripala Sirisena will be in power until 2021, Chandrika Kumaratunga and Him self will contest in the upcoming presidential election.
He said this while commenting on the request by President’s to the Court to give a ruling on the issue weather his tern is 5 or 6 years.
If the High Court ruled that the President Maithripala Sirisena who appointed in 2015 can hold office for six years, Chandrika and myself will have no objection in contesting the forthcoming presidential election.
Top Stories :
- CV welcomes Rajini’s spiritual politics
- Moragahakanda reservoir declared open by President Maithripala
- 11-year-old found dead in Jaffna
- Rajagiriya flyover to be declared open on Monday
- Judge Ilancheliyan’s request to Army Commander
- Thirteen financiers accused of financing the LTTE to stand trial in Switzerland
- Central Bank Bond Scam: ‘Clean Ranil’ is ‘Clean Bowled’
- Manoj Sirisena Appointed as Southern Province Minister
- Hatton Dickoya Leopard attack : Workers stage protest
- 7500 identified gays in Sri Lanka!
- LG polls: E-mail your complaints: Election Commission
Our Other websites :
Keywords: Mahinda & Chandrika contest forthcoming presidential election