(Ready leave presidency even today)
President Maithripala Sirisena said today he would accept the Supreme Court determination whatever it might be on his term of office and was ready to leave the presidency even today.
The President told a public rally at Akuressa that no one needs to get worked up over him seeking a SC determination on the expiry of his tenure.
“I sought an SC determination to clarify the two public opinions expressed on the term of the presidency and not to find out how many years I can continue to function as President,” he said.
The President said he didn’t come to stay in the presidency forever. “However, I will stay committed to fulfill the dream of uplifting the country which is well-accepted by the world and that is where reconciliation reigns,” he said.
Top Stories :
- Mobile Brothel In Mount Lavinia
- Indian National Arrested With Narcotic Drug Worth 6 Million
- Mahinda and Chandrika to contest in Presidential elections?
- CV welcomes Rajini’s spiritual politics
- Moragahakanda reservoir declared open by President Maithripala
- 11-year-old found dead in Jaffna
- Rajagiriya flyover to be declared open on Monday
- Judge Ilancheliyan’s request to Army Commander
- Thirteen financiers accused of financing the LTTE to stand trial in Switzerland
- Central Bank Bond Scam: ‘Clean Ranil’ is ‘Clean Bowled’
- Manoj Sirisena Appointed as Southern Province Minister
Our Other websites :
Keywords: Ready leave presidency even today