(Aava Gang Members released on bail)
Five Aawa group suspects who were detained for the last 2 months, were allowed to go on bail yesterday. However, the remand custody of the suspect named, the Ikram was extended.
The case was heard yesterday in the Jaffna court. The suspects were produced before the courts by the Prison Officers. It was already requested to allow them on bail.
They were arrested in connection with the sword attack incidents in Jaffna.
It was informed that those were wanted by the police.
Three persons including the Ikram, were arrested on November 28 last year, at the Colombo suburb. Three more people were arrested in Vavuniya in next few days, based on the information, they had revealed.
Remand order was issued when 6 persons were produced before the Jaffna court. For about two months, these 6 suspects were in remand.
Police filed four cases against Mohamed Ikram. It was alleged that he possessed a hand bomb and he was not allowed bail on that charge. His remand was extended until the 16th of February.
Top Stories :
- The father of two children killed in Kandy!
- A threat that an island may be destroyed in Sri Lanka: 150 families living in fear
- e-Local Government system launched: Obtain all public services online!
- Galle face roundabout to ceramic junction road to be closed
- Former Sri Lanka Star Cricketer Divorces His Wife?
- Horror in Jaffna: 3 year old girl brutally murdered, Granny mercilessly attacked ( Video)
- Maithiripala Siriena reveals a secret that no one knows!
- Tense situation at Jaffna University: Confrontation Between Majority Students
- Sumanthiran’s comment on the unitary system is a blatant lie – Gajendrakumar
- Disabled school bus driver arrested in Horana
- Fire reported in Jaffna bound train (Photos, Video)
- French boy who taught many Sri Lankans a lesson
Our Other websites :
Keywords: Aava Gang Members released on bail